Terms & Conditions
The following information sets out the conditions of use of www.canvasandhyde.com ("the website"). Canvas & Hyde, a subsidiary of Carrington Designs LLC ("we" or "us") are the operators of the website.
1. By accessing this website, you have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out below.
2. You agree that in the event of any dispute of any nature that may arise between you and us, these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the law of New York State.
3. You understand and accept that to the fullest possible extent permitted in law, we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage or injury caused to you or your hardware or software whether such loss or injury is caused directly or indirectly by your use of this website.
Copyright and plagiarism
4. You acknowledge that we own or may own or control copyright and/or other intellectual property rights in the look and feel of the website and its contents including any sounds, music, text, graphics, data, stills, photographs and moving images. Such intellectual property rights shall include all registered and unregistered intellectual property rights of any type or nature including trademark and copyright. You further agree that you will not infringe these rights by any method or manner now known or as may exist in the future.
5. In the event that you buy any goods or services using our website you will be bound by such terms as are notified by us to you in the process of the purchase, as indicated on the website or on any email received by you from us in the course of the purchase process.
6. In the absence of any email sent by us to you, the terms will be as specified within these terms and conditions or those specified on the website itself concerning the price of the goods, the methods of acceptable payment and the timing of such payments, and the requirement by you to pay such additional carriage and freight charges as may be specified on the website.
7. We have no responsibility to supply to you any goods or services as may be advertised for sale or supply on our website. When you place the order for goods or services, you are making a legal offer to us, which we may or may not accept. A legally binding contract will only exist between us when you receive written confirmation from us (by e-mail or otherwise) that confirms your order.
8. Prices shown on the Site are in US Dollars and are exclusive of taxes. If you are shipping within the USA, sales tax will only be charged on orders shipped to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Nebraska,Virginia, Washington, Nevada, New York State and New Jersey. No other tax or import duty will be applied to orders shipped within the USA.
9. In the event of any discrepancy between the terms and conditions specified or highlighted on the website, and these terms and conditions, and or such terms and conditions as are specified in an email sent to you by us, in the course of a purchase, the prevailing terms will be those most favorable to us.
10. No terms agreed between us will be varied unless such a variation has been agreed by us in writing. However, we reserve the right to supply to you goods that are of an equivalent style, type and quality as those selected by you from the website, at the same price than those you ordered.
11. You may return such goods as are supplied by us to you provided: you notify us by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) within 14 days of receiving your order. Please include your customer order number and description of the item(s) you wish to return. Upon our receipt of your email and our approval you will receive an email with a return slip to be included with your return. You are then required to return the items within 7 days of receipt of this email to the address provided in this email. The return items must be returned in their original saleable condition, with tags attached.
The items are returned at your expense to the return address specified; if the return conditions are met we will refund you for the amount you originally paid for the items (excluding shipping fees) within 7 business days from the date we receive the goods back from you. Please allow 10 business days for the refund of monies to your account.
We will not be responsible for any return packages sent to us which are sent by other than a trackable mail or freight method.
Ownership of the goods and risks
12. Ownership and risk of damage of the goods passes to you upon delivery at your specified delivery address. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you. If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that address) is proof of delivery and fulfillment by us.
Further details regarding our shipping processes and policies can be found elsewhere on this website.
Rights of third parties
13. This agreement is between you and us and not any third party, and this agreement is not intended to confer any rights of any nature upon any party other than you and us and our legal associates.
Privacy and data protection
Communications from us to you
15. If you have any queries or concerns relating to our website or our products or services or these terms and conditions please forward your query to the following email address: email@example.com
16. If you do not wish to receive unsolicited information about future products or services from us, then please inform us in the manner specified on our website or email us as indicated above simply stating: unsubscribe.
1. Information collection and use
Canvas & Hyde only collects personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you, in view of its legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will do our best to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided.
The information you provide may be used by us for the purpose of creating and delivering to you our catalogues and other communications containing product information and promotions. If you prefer not to receive e-mail communications from us, please see section 5 below.
We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this website, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular.
We might use your personal information for internal marketing and demographic studies, together with your non-personal data to monitor customer patterns in an effort to continually improve the canvasandhyde.com site for a better online shopping experience.
Canvas & Hyde will never disclose your personal information unless there is a legal obligation or duty to do so, or unless you agree.
2. Cookies and log files
We may place a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive so we can recognize you as a return user and personalize your experience. A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences. The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookie, you may still use our website, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
We implement various security measures to protect the security of your personal information, both on line and off line. If you have any questions about security at our website, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Business transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain of our assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the website you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
5. In or out
If you would like to Unsubscribe from receiving emails from Canvas & Hyde you can do so by clicking the automated Unsubscribe link which is always included at the bottom left on every email Canvas & Hyde sends.
6. Notification of changes
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our website is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, contact us by e-mail at email@example.com